Even knowing some wonderful features of AOL Desktop Gold, there are times when it starts deluding you. With all the errors it comes across, it sometimes leaves the user unsatisfied. But this is the guide that ensures you that even if you are facing certain errors; everything is resolvable. You can resolve the errors on your own with the guides like this blog or you can connect to 24*7 technical support for immediate assistance. Here in this blog we will be providing step by step approach to an issue when your AOL Gold Icon doesn’t respond. This issue can come up as follows.
- - AOL Desktop Gold icon not responding
- - AOL Desktop Gold not opening
- - AOL Desktop Gold stopped working
- - AOL Desktop Gold shortcut not responding
- - Error message ‘AOL Desktop Gold isn’t responding, close the program’
Basic Steps to troubleshoot the issue
Ensure the system compatibility: Check if the device parameters are suitable with the system requirements of AOL Desktop Gold
Check for the internet connectivity: Bad internet or connectivity issues bring in most of the problems to your PC. And for AOL Desktop Gold to work smoothly, you are supposed to have a stable, high-speed internet connection with you. So troubleshoot network connections and Modem (or any other hardware) if you are facing any AOL Desktop Gold related issue. This can be done as follows:
- Navigate to ‘Control Panel’
- And choose ‘Network and Sharing Center’
- Look for ‘Troubleshoot Problems’ and Then Choose ‘Troubleshoot Internet’ You can also click on ‘Network Adapter’ to troubleshoot for Ethernet, wireless network, or other network adapters as suitable.
If issue still prevails, you can contact your network service provider
Restart your Device: This restarting thing also works most of the times with most of the issues. How? What happens is continuous usage of PC for hours may result in number of programs running in the background and thus clogging the RAM. Once you restart you system; it will help the RAM to clear up. And consequently making your AOL Desktop Gold(or any other program) run efficiently.
Upgrade AOL Desktop Gold: Though we know AOL Desktop Gold comes with the automatic update feature, if somehow the feature isn’t working you can update the version manually too.
Check if your PC is infected: Run a scan on your PC to check for the presence of Malwares or viruses. These system threats sometimes do not let the program to open. So scan your system and remove all the viruses or malware threats from it
Try the below steps:
- Go to control Panel
- Manage another account, select ‘user accounts in the next popped window
- Hit the new user account and make a new icon to check if it works
- If the new account works, delete the previous one.
Well the above mentioned were just basic troubleshooting steps which anyone with very basic knowledge can try. But if these aren’t working for you; here are some advanced troubleshooting steps. But to execute them you need to be technically strong in computer