AOL Desktop Gold is an incredible software which has uncountable features. This AOL Desktop Gold gives you emailing, video streaming, web browsing, gaming n lots more all on the same platform. There is only one thing that could bother you about this software is the Error codes that it generates. But it is not associated with this software only; if there is a code; there will be error codes.
One such error code that AOL Desktop Gold generates is ‘Error code 104’. There are so many possible reasons for this error to pop up so just run through this article and know exactly what is this Error code 104, Why it generates? What Symptoms can be seen when it generates? and How to resolve this?
- - You can see AOL Error code ‘104’ pops up on your screen
- - You windows will respond slow and sluggish
- - You computer screen will freeze every few minutes
- - Windows might shut down abruptly
Why AOL error code 104 generates?
There could be many possible causes of this error; some of them are mentioned below:
- - The software files are corrupted. The downloaded files could be corrupted so it is always suggested to download it from the official website of AOL and not from a third-party.
- - If some hindrance occurs during the installation of the software. The installation remains incomplete which is another possible reason of this error code to come up.
- - Your system is infected with viruses or malwares so users are constantly advised to use a good anti-virus for their systems.
- - Corrupt windows registry can also be the ground to AOL Error 104.
Steps to resolve AOL error code 104
Since you know the reasons behind this error code now; it will be easy to understand the steps to resolve it. Implement the following steps and do away with this error code troubling you
Step 1: First of all get yourself a good anti-virus and scan your entire system for any viruses or malwares present. There is a good possibility that Error code 104 might be popping up due to infected system. Once your whole system is scanned, remove all the suspicious files.
Step 2: Verify your system parameters and check if they match to the system requirements of AOL Desktop Gold.AOL Desktop Gold might result is showing up error codes frequently if your system is not compatible with it. System requirements of AOL Desktop Gold are mentioned below:
- Windows 7 or above
- 266 MHz or faster computer processor
- 1024 x 768 or higher screen resolution
- 1 GB RAM
- 512 MB free hard disk space
- Internet connection
Step 3: Remove all the unwanted files; junk files, cookies from your system to make your system perform well. These files sometimes slow down your computer thus hampering its performance.
Step 4: If none of the above step is working for you; you might need to reinstall the software again on your computer.
- Visit ‘Control Panel’ and select ‘Programs’ from there
- Click on ‘Uninstall AOL desktop gold.’
Once the uninstall is finished and all the files of the software are entirely removed from your system; visit the official website of AOL and download the set-up file using AOL premium member account.
Run the downloaded file and install the software following the on-screen instructions.
If there are still issues that are troubling you; you can call AOL customer support executives to seek help.